Monday, January 27, 2014

Seventh tattoo

This is about my seventh tattoo. A couple of co-workers who I consider very good friends and I went to the thirteen dollar grand opening tattoo event at ink ink on December 13th. It was one word for thirteen dollars with a seven dollar tip to the artist. My friends and I went directly after we got off work and they stayed open for us to go in and get tattooed which was super nice of them. We got there at almost midnight and they had been tattooing since about noon so I'm sure they were tired. This was the first tattoo where the artist really had a hard time understanding what I wanted, and the first one where someone else paid for me to get it. Most of my other tattoos are flowers or their in words with letters that our alphabet has. My seventh tattoo is in Russian, and it was very hard for the artist to understand how I wanted it because he didn't know how to do Russian letters. I was the last to go out of all my friends because they couldn't figure out how to draw it. Which was okay with me because I had to hold one of my friends hand anyways. When it was finally my turn and they put the stencil on my wrist, I noticed the stencil was still in my hand writing. I have terrible handwriting and I didn't want something that will be on me forever to look like crap. So I had to rewrite out what the letters were and he free hand stenciled it on my wrist. He then added extra little lines to make it look pretty and girly. After he was finally finished with that he started tattooing. I always get super exciting when the gun starts to hum and I get what feels like an adrenaline rush. This was also the first tattoo where I ever got to watch the artist work on it. It was super cool to see how much they actually put into making it perfect.  Once it was done my friends paid for me and themselves and we went out and played in the snow by the big white bridge downtown.. One of my friends is a media major, so he took a lot of pictures of us on that big white bridge. It was a lot of fun and it's one of my happier memories.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fun night! I only have two tattoos so far, but look forward to more. I am thinking about eventually doing a full sleeve on my right arm. I was planning on going this past weekend to get it started, but other priorities took over and I decided to wait until I had more time to sit in the chair. I also get that rush feeling you were talking about. I didn't get my first tattoo until I was in my late thirties; I think I was just always chicken and didn't really know what I wanted that I would still love after fifty years of looking at it. What I think I have figured out is that tattoos are our memories, so we will always love them.

    I am curious as to the meaning of the Russian word and why you chose it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's meaning is love. I choose it because I love the language and hope to be fluent in it one day. My fiancé is also from Russia, so it's a representation of the two. :)

      Delete
  2. Anna,
    That is beautiful! I am unfamiliar with the language, but I went to the information highway and was able to experience it via youtube...it really does sound beautiful. It is easy to see why you love it so much. Thanks for replying and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed living vicariously through your post as I would never tattoo myself. I fear many years from now I would regret the decision and I stick to watching everyone else endure this lifelong decision. It sounds like you made a great memory and you will remember forever (every time you see the tattoo)! I always say, "My friends have made the story of my life" and I think yours have too!

    ReplyDelete